Guidelines for Interactive Map Readings
Read the following questions before reading about this immigrant group. When you have finished the reading, answer these questions. You will need to use them in another activity. Write any new words you don't know in the box.
1. Why did this group of people immigrate to the United States?
2. Do you think they were they excited about coming to the United States?
3. Did they leave any family members behind when they came?
4. What problems did they have when they came to the United States?
5. Where did they find jobs to make money?